Archive for December, 2010

Mylyn-Mantis connector 3.2.0 released

Version 3.2.0 is a major feature release, comprising of performance enhancements, complete support for localised MantisBT repositories and better support for repository-configured settings.

Performance enhancements

Refreshing the repository configuration is usually slow due to large number of configuration settings that are retrieved. A first step towards making this faster is to implement refreshing the configuration of a single project only. This feature is now implemented and you can refresh only a single project’s attributes using the corresponding task editor button .

Refresh project attributes only

In our tests this cuts down synchronization time from 28 seconds to 6 seconds for a MantisBT installation with 16 projects.

Complete support for localised repositories

We now consider support for localised repositories complete. If it works for an English installation, it should work for any other installation. This includes repository attribute values, mapping priorities and resolutions and task list decorations.

Please note that task attributes will not be properly displayed in certain circumstances, due to a bug in the MantisBT SOAP API – see Troubleshooting: empty attributes in task editor for more details and possible fixes. The good news is that this has already been fixed in MantisBT and will be available in the next stable release.

Better support for repository-configured defaults

All configurable default values for fields ( severity , steps to reproduce etc ) are now preselected when a new task is created. Also, the ‘resolve as’ action preselects the configured status from the repository, rather than defaulting to the current status of the task.

Repository validation enhancements

The unknown error dialog we recently introduces was relatively uncut and appeared in too many circumstances. We know have better detection of predefined error cases and in consequence do not show the dialog that often. In addition, there is a real hyperlink which points to the Mylyn-Mantis troubleshooting page.

We’re confident that this is the best release to date, so download it and give it a spin. If you encounter any issues, let us know through our bugtracker or support forum.

Comments (1)

Mylyn-Mantis connector 3.1.5 released

Time has come for another release of the Mylyn connector for MantisBT. I find that these released don’t arrive so often since the connector is solid and has the features that I for one need for day-to-day usage.

Nevertheless, I found the time to remove some issues which have annoyed both me and the users kind enough to report them.

Correct display of incoming changes

I’ve worked hard to correctly display incoming changes in both the task list and the popup notification used by Mylyn. The connector used to display changes from one step behind and this has annoyed me for a long time. No more.

Refer users to the wiki when needed

A lot of support issues have been generated by the fact that incorrectly configured MantisBT repositories work in the web interface, but not with Eclipse. We now suggest visiting the wiki in case an unexpected error appears when validating the repository. The link is Troubleshooting connection problems between MantisBT and Eclipse.

Interoperability

We have finally chased down the last remaining Web-Service related conflict, and we play nice when Web-Service related plugins are installed. Also, HTTP authentication works properly.

Usability

Some minor usability issues have also been fixed:

  • The query ‘maximum results’ property is now saved;
  • The ‘time spent’ is correctly formatted;
  • When creating a query for the first time, updating the repository configuration shows a progress dialog, not just a busy cursor.

Please update and report any issues found in our bugtracker or forums.

Comments (3)